I have been unable to successfully convert a World Composition level from UE4.26.2 to UE5 EA. I followed the steps located at World Partition | Unreal Engine Documentation for doing the Conversion, but keep getting an error.
Steps to reproduce:
- Open 4.26 project with UE5.
- Create a copy for conversion.
- Run commandlet using UE5 binaries (though using the 4.26 binaries didn’t work either).
Running the commandlet with 4.26 appears to complete successfully, but the window closes before I can screenshot the output. However, when I check my project, there is no External Actors folder that I would expect to see.
Some feedback for the Unreal devs:
- Running the commandlet causes another terminal window to open, run and then immediately close. This is not helpful for debugging as you have to try to screenshot before it closes.
- There is no documented location for commandlet logs that I could find.
- The conversion example usage of mapname is ambiguous and should be replaced with either a sample path (e.g. C:\Projects\Example\Content\Maps\Test.umap) or a correct substitute.
- The documentation could also explain whether the conversion needs to be done prior to or post conversion to a UE 5 project.