World Context Object pin error when cooking

I have spent hours on the forum and on Google trying different approaches on how to fix this problem, but so far none of them worked for me.

All 103 errors I get when cooking are due to the same problem with the world context. Below is just the unique summary.

What it seems to be is the world context object pin of functions that are in the blueprint function library. Many of the posts I have read suggest removing them all, but that was how I had it when I started looking for a solution to this problem. Also, I have certain nodes in some of these functions that have a “WorldContextObject” pin, like “Get World Delta Seconds” and Line traces. So I assume that I must have it and set it correctly when calling the function. I have tried setting it as the actor that calls the function, but that didn’t change anything and I still get 103 of these errors.
One post suggested setting it as “GetEditorWorld” but I can’t find that node.
A post from 2015 from 4.8 had as a solution to add a Get Player Controller node to every function in the library without it being connected to anything and even though it’s super old and outdated, I tried it anyway but it obviously didn’t work.

Since I have read so many post on this forum about this issue I’m not sure what to expect from posting here as well but I hope someone at least can point me in the right direction.

LogInit: Display:
LogInit: Display: Warning/Error Summary (Unique only)
LogInit: Display: -----------------------------------
LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: begin: stack for UAT
LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: === Handled ensure: ===
LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error:
LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: Ensure condition failed: !FindPin(FFunctionEntryHelper::GetWorldContextPinName()) [File:D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Editor\BlueprintGraph\Private\K2Node_FunctionEntry.cpp] [Line: 380]
LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: Stack:
LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffd11eff5e5 UnrealEditor-BlueprintGraph.dll!UnknownFunction []
LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffd11e935c9 UnrealEditor-BlueprintGraph.dll!UnknownFunction []
LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffd11e95121 UnrealEditor-BlueprintGraph.dll!UnknownFunction []
LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffd11e94c67 UnrealEditor-BlueprintGraph.dll!UnknownFunction []
LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffd280cb43d UnrealEditor-UnrealEd.dll!UnknownFunction []
LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffd14ad08b2 UnrealEditor-Kismet.dll!UnknownFunction []
LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffd14ace303 UnrealEditor-Kismet.dll!UnknownFunction []
LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffd33ef7660 UnrealEditor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction []
LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffd341109a7 UnrealEditor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction []
LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffd3410eac2 UnrealEditor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction []
LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffd34110e5b UnrealEditor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction []
LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffd34153cad UnrealEditor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction []
LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffd34319267 UnrealEditor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction []
LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffd340fbad4 UnrealEditor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction []
LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffd341b45f0 UnrealEditor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction []
LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffd341b2c27 UnrealEditor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction []
LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffd341b469f UnrealEditor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction []
LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffd3410eab6 UnrealEditor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction []
LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffd341b2673 UnrealEditor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction []
LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffd341283bf UnrealEditor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction []
LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffd341ad40c UnrealEditor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction []
LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffd34112e71 UnrealEditor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction []
LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffd34143aa9 UnrealEditor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction []
LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffd34318f72 UnrealEditor-CoreUObject.dll!UnknownFunction []
LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: end: stack for UAT

I think I figured it out. I found one more possible solution and it seems like this fixed it.
The solution is to create a new function libary and copy over all your functions. When doing this a corrupted world context pin appears that is named “__WorldContext”. Deleting this pin and replacing all funtions fixed the errors for me.

1 Like

I was having the same problem in 5.0.3 and copying + pasting functions and removing that __WorldContext pin fixed it for me as well.

I think it was a specific function causing the issue, but the cook log (helpfully) doesn’t provide a proper stack trace to let you identify which one. So it’s a case of trial and error. You can duplicate into the same function library and if you delete the original function, rename your copied one, and then compile + save I found it didn’t break too many connections elsewhere in the project.

What a stupid error, especially given that this has existed for years. Good shout on the solution.

Great appreciation of all you’ve done for us! :slight_smile: