So just thought I would open this thread to give some feedback on the Unreal 4 World Composition tools since one is not already open.
What I like so far -
So far I like the level hierarchy screen and level details section.
- The level Hierarchy is straight forward and easy to understand.
- I can arrange my levels in a neat and orderly fashion but It can get difficult at times.
- I can mass import tiled terrains.
What can to be improved -
- The World Composition view port is a bit confusing…
– UI could be improved with a vertical layers bar similar to photoshop opposed to the current horizontal bar.
– I cannot delete layers for example I have Uncategorized and Sun_Level. I do not understand why.
– I cannot go back and edit the layer I have already made for example Sun_Level. I Put in the wrong value for level streaming and Now I cannot edit it.
– It would be nice to move my levels in the world composition view port via transform, scale, and rotation widgets.
- It would be beyond great if I could make the world origin offset work in Multiplayer. Yeah I know long ways off but this would be my #1 major request at the moment.
- More documentation on these particular tools. I feel that these tools are being massively undeserved.
Anyway keep on going Epic your tools rock even though there are some rough edges.