World Composition Memory Usage Issues

Ok ok ok. I’m about to pull my freakin hair out! I’m having all kinds of memory issues with my large world map and World Composition. Let me lay out the basics.

Building an open world online MMORPG with a 12k x 12k map. Using World Comp with 144 tiles with level streaming. No origin shifting or Ray Tracing will be used. Nothing is in the world right now but the landscape tiles. I have started with a fresh project 4 times now and reimported the tiles with the same results.

Computer specs:
Unreal 4.262 source built and recently verified with Git
Win 10 Pro (clean install and updated)
AMD Ryzen 7 5800x not overclocked and water cooled
64gig RAM not overclocked
WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD 1TB - OS and Unreal
WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD 500GB - Project file location
3 - Seagate 6 TB 7200 HD for data storage
Corsair RM1000x - 1000watt power supply
Geforce 3070 8gb vram or Radeon RX6800 16gb vram
3 - 32" monitors 1920x1080
No 3rd party antivirus since I just use this computer for Unreal related programs. My laptop and iPad is for all the internet stuff.

I can only load 6-8 tiles at a time or I get the “Out of video memory trying to allocate a rendering resource” error. System is only using 22gig system memory. Page file is hard set at 50,000mb for C drive and 20,000mb for D drive (project). I figured ok, I need a video card with more memory. I ordered the RX6800 for a ridiculous amount and installed it with the driver cleaner program everyone uses and had no issues.

Started up my Unreal project with my fingers crossed. Crashed again first try. 2nd time I got all the tiles loaded but now the system is using 14gb vram. Loaded HALF the map and it is using 12gb vram. What the hell?!? How is loading half the map making Unreal use 5gb more with a different video card?!?

Played with older versions of video drivers and everything else I can think of. Deleted all lighting and fog from the project and still same issue. Did the TRD registry tweak and same issue. Borrowed 128gb ram from college and same issue. Don’t have any reflection capture in the project. Changed Unreal to use DX11 and didn’t help. Changed the Steaming.Poolsize in DefaultEngine.ini too.

Switched back to the 3070 and sending the RX6800 for a refund since it didn’t help.

I’m going to order a 3090 with 24gb when one comes available that isn’t from some scalper. I’m pretty confident that it won’t fix this problem though. I still think it’ll help in other areas.

I quit my job to chase my dream of making this game and everyday I’m not being productive is just more cash out of my saving. So what else can I try? Has anyone else had this problem and been able to fix it? I need help please!

Could you post a screenshot of the level youre working on and some stats (like memory). That should make it easier to identify the problem.