World Composition Assign To Layer

When working in World Composition, assigning layers to levels, I am sure there used to be a scroll bar for scrolling the layer list. In 4.19, the list goes off the top of the screen, the bottom of the list flickers at the bottom of the screen and there is no scroll bar. If you have a fair amount of levels and you want to assign streaming distance, how can you do this with the mouse if you can’t scroll the list?

It seems the bottom of the list always shows the latest layers to be added in World Composition, but you can’t select the flicking ones with the mouse. I can select one that does not flicker, and use the down key to highlight the layer I want to assign and press Enter, that seems to be the only way to assign layers to levels.

Hi,

Menus can be filtered. When ‘Assign Layer’ sub-menu is opened start typing a name of the layer and it should reduce layer list to what is matching current search. We will look at what happens when context menus are bigger than screen height.

Eventually, a scroll bar did appear, and I could scroll, but the list still has issues.

The list goes full screen height, i’m on a 4k screen. The world composition window is not full screen. The last 10 elements of the list flicker and cannot be selected with mouse. Keyboard navigation will work, if you right click on an entry in the list that does not flicker, then use down arrow to navigate to an entry thats in view. If and when the scroll bar decides to appear, you can scroll the list down to see the last layers added.

Thank you for the tip about filtering, I’ll be using that method from now on as its much easier to use :slight_smile:

Hello,

We’ve recently made a switch to a new bug reporting method using a more structured form. Please visit the link below for more details and report the issue using the new Bug Submission Form. Feel free to continue to use this thread for community discussion around the issue.

https://epicsupport.force.com/unrealengine/s/

Thanks