"World" cannot be used as a name for a blueprint structure and there was no indication of that.

So recently I’ve been developing a game that has “Worlds” and each world has several levels. Since the worlds and levels are data-based, I’ve been using a struct to represent them, so I went for the obvious World & Level name for the structs. I was playing the game as Standalone and it didn’t load any world or level and many blueprints stopped working (in PIE it works), so after 2 hours of deleting and changing stuff I tried renaming the World struct to something like WorldLevel and it started working again.

I wanted to write this, just in case somebody has a similar issue, so they can watch out for weird forbidden names and I also wanted to ask if there’s a list of keywords or names we can’t use for assets?

To be honest, this is the first I’ve heard of naming clashes with core classes, but it stands to reason that ‘World’ might be reserved. I would have expected the editor to warn you if this were the case.

The weird forbidden fruits of Unreal Engine :stuck_out_tongue:

Totally agree with you, it makes sense but Unreal should show either a warning or compile error. However, it’s not a big deal, since it seems nobody has come across with that.