World at War: Operation Somalia
What is the game about?
World at War is essentially a tactical first person shooter with all-out-warfare elements that are set but not limited to the events which occurred on a military operation codenamed Operation Gothic Serpent or better known as Black Hawk Down. Teamwork is the key to success, and is promoted extensively through gameplay elements, such as a hybrid version of the popular game mode, Assault and Secure. World at War is a true to heart tactical shooter which is set in a believable and unforgiving environment where players take part in a virtual war like never seen before.
Game Design World at War is mostly player driven, so only a few scripted events will be done. Everything you see or hear is mostly player driven. Every action and way the player plays will be influenced by the semi-realism game-play and core game-play.
Multiplayer World at War is completely multiplayer based. It is a team oriented game, where players are thrown in the battlefield and are promoted to play as one team in self-created squads through the gameplay elements that we have designed at hand.
Tactical Gameplay - We offer a fully featured tactical gameplay with classic and unique gamemodes. We will announce more information soon.
All-out-warfare - The gameplay is not limited to infantry battles only. You can choose a wide variety of land and air vehicles to reach your destination and complete your objective.
Engine The game is powered by Unreal Engine 4 which allows us to create a stable and beautiful game.
World at War is a unique experience that has never truly been built as a commercial product. With an open-ended gameplay, visually breathtaking scenery that will leave the players gasping for more, it will be a true tactical shooter with other elements at hand in a semi-realistic gameplay scenario.
Prototype Assets Previews
Some programming achievements
- Realistic projectile ballistics with an air drag model that is within 3% of actual real-world projectiles.
- Realistic ricochets and penetration terminal ballistics that are dependent upon velocity and angle of impact, thickness of material, and type of material.
- PhysX-based Tank vehicle movement for tracked vehicles. Yes, it really drives like a tank.
- Realistic helicopter physics.
- Realistic breathing, aiming down sights, and weapon recoil.
- Our own online subsystem and master server implementation (not dependent upon Steam or any other third party).
- Our own VoIP system with 3D localization built upon UE4’s Voice system (no third party libraries required).
- Plus much more to come!
What’s next? Find out more!
Stay up-to-date with sneak peeks, teasers, trailers and development updates by checking out updates to this thread and on our social media pages.