Working with levels in UE5

Hi, i´m trying to understand better the workflow with the levels and level sequences in UE5. So, i want to make some animations in the city sample from the Matrix Awakens. Problem is it takes ages to duplicate the level, and also much more time to rename it. Seriously, like 45 minutes to duplicate the “Big_City_LVL” level and rename it.

Is this normal? I have a i13900k, rtx 4060ti with 16GB of Vram and 64 GB of RAM.

I was thinking to duplicate the level everytime i change something in the map, like i need at least one for the daytime and another for the nightime. Why? First of all, because it doesn´t go back to daytime after activating the night time.

And i will need other changes in the map during the animations, but 45 minutes everytime i need to duplicate a level is too much.

What do you normally do when you need to animate a bunch of shots, with different changes in the map?

Any advice here? Thanks.

Hey @vms119!

Yeah, you don’t have to duplicate the level! You just change the things you need for the scene, record it, and change them back.

Now, you can change those things through code, which can be utilized at runtime. That’s what the level blueprint is for! For instance, you can open the Level Blueprint and “GET” anything located in your level. Then you can pull off any variables you want and set them however you want, all within the scene- either by something else happening that was planned, or even at the press of a button.

For instance, you can “Get: Directional Light” and then off of that “Set Intensity: 2000” to change the light during the scene. You can get individual actors and toggle hidden on them to hide them or show them during scenes. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your advice. I´ve been looking at it and i´m going to do something similar with the Level Sequences. To hide or unhide actors and change variables for the shot. I feel more comfortable this way than with the level blueprint.

or use DataLayers with your settings, just enable or disable one you need