Workaround tips for "Error Generating Visual Studio Project Files"

I’ve been banging my head against the wall for hours now trying to get my project to launch, never had issues upgrading all the way back from 4.4
I’ve manually disabled all 3rd party plugins in my .uproject, running vs 2019, dot net 5/3 installed from the other posts. VS works perfectly in UE4. The only C++ code is an empty dumby relic of the past

C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.0EA\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool>UnrealBuildTool.exe -projectfiles -project=“C:\Users\pryde\Documents\UnrealProjects\UE5\ShadowWars\ShadowWars.uproject” -game -rocket -progress
ERROR: Unhandled exception: System.Exception: Unable to find project file based on argument "C:\Users\pryde\Documents\UnrealProjects\UE5\ShadowWars\ShadowWars.uproject"
          at UnrealBuildTool.GenerateProjectFilesMode.TryParseProjectFileArgument(CommandLineArguments Arguments, FileReference& ProjectFile) in d:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\Modes\GenerateProjectFilesMode.cs:line 302
          at UnrealBuildTool.GenerateProjectFilesMode.Execute(CommandLineArguments Arguments) in d:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\Modes\GenerateProjectFilesMode.cs:line 83
          at UnrealBuildTool.UnrealBuildTool.Main(String[] ArgumentsArray) in d:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\UnrealBuildTool.cs:line 565

I have also changed the path to the project and get the same error:
About to give up tbh.

C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.0EA\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool>UnrealBuildTool.exe -projectfiles -project=“C:\Users\pryde\Documents\Projects\Five\ShadowWars\ShadowWars.uproject” -game -Engine -rocket -progress
ERROR: Unhandled exception: System.Exception: Unable to find project file based on argument "C:\Users\pryde\Documents\Projects\Five\ShadowWars\ShadowWars.uproject"

Update in this thread