Work around for static switch parameter

Hey everyone! I’ve been digging around the forums and I just feel like there has to be an easier answer to my problem than I’m finding. I’m pretty new to the tech side of environment art (coding is an elusive beast) and have gotten into shaders and such. Right now, I’m trying to create an easily changeable master material with multiple different “dirt” inputs that add on to each other - the problem I’m having is that I can’t seem to create an easy selection for choosing the number to have (1-9). Currently, I just have static switches such as “use dirt 01” “use dirt 02” but that’s messy I really want to be able to put in a number 1-9 and have it call up that respective branch while also keeping other parameters hidden until needed. Apparently it won’t work with the “if” nodes because…static. So, I’m wondering if there is another way to do this that isn’t overly complicated. Thanks for any help!

Hi @Shanee223!

Would you mind sharing the code you are trying to improve so that we can better see what way would be best to improve it?

Any additional information you can provide will be a big help in solving your problem!