Wired blocky Artefacts on some textures after some time running a project.

Hello together,

Tried it several times rebuilding a project, every time i got wired artefacts on some texture maps (every time, other textures, other models, other shaders…) some time after running the project in editor, one ore more textures got corrupted with blocky artefacts, see picture:

Fehler2

Does anyone know about this issue and know to get rid of it?

Thank you for your help.

I’ve seen some people saying that the GPU memory is getting corrupted or can’t handle the amount of texture data. May be that unreal has some gpu memory issues. or maybe this is on purpose to not crash the project. Does artefacts go away if you restart the project?

Artefacts go away if i reload the texture or change any value on a texture like compression or streaming, sometimes after that i move the viewport and the issue is on an other object / Texture. The corrupted data will be written do the drive (if i swap drive to a device with an other gpu, issue is on the same texture => reimport the texture work, if it is possible to reimport only the texture). If i restart, the issue is there too. Have that on diferent machines and projects on Version (5.0.3 and 5.1.1).

Checed GPU, Memory is nearly full, sometimes over but issue is also on devices with more memory but less often. (Tested Grafic Cards: RTX2060, RTX2070 SUPER, RTX4090)

I have the same problem on an RTX3080 graphics card, it’s weird.
Maybe it’s because of the virtual texture?