[WIP] Zombie Game with Virtual Reality + Leap Motion

I have made some huge improvements.

The game now also supports room scale VR with the HTC Vive and their motion controllers. I had a lot of new design problems to solve, but I got past it all and came up with some pretty innovative stuff.

1. I have a locomotion system which doesn’t involve teleporting. You swing your arms to move!
  2. Players can’t physically walk through colliding objects, even though there’s nothing in their room physically blocking them from moving forward.
  3. I can derive the player torso orientation to about 15 degrees, based on their hand positions and orientations and the HMD position and orientation. This was pretty tough.
  4. I’ve added a few additional monsters and spells.
  5. The visual quality has improved significantly

The game is going to be a series of stories which you experience through the eyes of the protagonists. Each story will have a very different character, aesthetic theme, and narrative.

The prelude chapter of the first story will be released very soon on Steam. I’m making some final touches on it and expect to release it very soon :slight_smile:

6b40b8c188a25593e25e972b63c14c0fdf8587d2.jpeg
f6556edf5f574efd8786ae25f93d138c465c09a9.jpeg
0e40a83cacdb89ecf54d6e78523e27b1774f72b8.jpeg

e00e4452be45b37c3d9d79aa59d61fe1733a357a.jpeg

4b240907a5f49fda6c7e2acc1c53c5a37851ab20.jpeg

This game will be available on steam in Early Access, starting September 5th, 2016 (yay!):
http://store.steampowered.com/app/463400/

It’s taken me a year and a half to get to this point. Wow. The game still isn’t where I want it to be, but it’s getting pretty close! Please let me know what you guys think.

The game seems really interesting. I can see your hard work. Keep it up. I would love to play it on my Oculus Rift. I’m also working on an AR based game and will share it with you soon.

Thanks :slight_smile: I just released a huge update today which adds full support for the oculus rift + touch. It’s available on Steam if anyone wants to get it:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/463400/

I’ll eventually add it to the oculus store as well, but I need to create a new gameplay trailer.

The most annoying part is when you play the game in the editor and everything works perfectly, then you go to package the game, play the packaged build, and there are small but very annoying differences and bugs. For example, the player start location is perfect in editor, but in packaged build, it is floating 4 feet higher than it should be. The only way to “fix” these packaged build bugs is to try different things, repackage, wait 30 minutes, test to see if it worked, and keep repeating until you get it.