Hey Guys, my name is Jakob, i’m 27 and about two years ago, i started learning how to use the unreal engine.
i usually work as a freelance boomoperator in germany, due to the corona epidemic, there are almost no productions to work at…
also, worldwide the people have to stay at home… and no one knows when things will get back to normal
two days ago i started creating this shoot’em’up game called “Coronator”.
basically it is like “Moorhuhn” - left mouse button to shoot, right mouse button to reload
yet there are two levels - a normal mode and a low light “hardmode”, on each mode the time is limited to 90 seconds
bloodcells and viruses will spawn left and right and fly random through the bloodstream, destroying a virus will grant 10 points, destroying a bloodcell will subtract 10 points
my brother created the backgroundmusic and the sfx - his wife came up with the name of the game - i created the meshes and the blueprint coding of the game
- each time the cells hit the walls, they change direction and speed a bit
- there are 6 meshes variations of viruses + 1 “addon” (little dots) and the color changes on each spawn of a virus, so they never look the same
- killing a virus will roll a dice - if it rolls 6 the virus will split into two new
- the background mesh and the cells materials do have a wind modifiyer to get that wobly look
if you have any ideas to improve the game please let me know
i would like to release the game, so i could use some help to get through the process.
- determine system requirements
- what do i need to publish the game on epic? steam?
- right now there is only the pc version, what do i need to change to get this running on android, ios?