[WIP] Sandbeach Ocean / Terrain

Sad, but looks like i need newer graphics card to use NVShadowplay or AMD GVR (Radeon 5870 here). I used fraps for those captures.

Like i said i will release it anyway, even if it unfinished. It runs smooth on my old pc, tbh there are not many things to overload it, just a couple of textures mixed up together :smiley:

Great looking forward to buy it. What do you think about using it for rivers aswell? Technically rivers generate same effect as ocean, but its less exagurated, so maybe alpha masking foam texture of should make it look right.

Thanks. I think its possible, just need to change some of the settings like color, roughness, weave scale and height etc., i have all thos parameters avalible in material instance.

Update. Tried to make it better quality this time.

Fixing wave movement: changed overall wave shape and water reverse speed is slowed down (still need to work on that), but from what ive learned, the key - is the wave shape, need to smooth it even more for better transition between forward and backward movement. Lack of polygons on the water mesh makes it wiggle a bit at the edge(you can see it on video), so dont pay too much attention to that :smiley: There are some changes in foam map aswell (added thin foam line at the water edge, changed the directions and some other things).

Really nice work. I love that wetness each wave leaves on the sand
Any plans on releasing it anywhere?

Most realistic waves Iā€™ve seen so far. Great work!

wow! very amazing waves! great job!

looking amazingā€¦ id be very interested in trying this out.

definitely intersting ! keep it up. ther surely is a market for this !

Very nice! Great to see yet another project with a lot of attention to little details in a push for more realism.

Get in talks with DotCam (moderator) and (Victory Plugin contributor) regarding the community ocean project. We could definitly use this.

Its been a while since ive heard any news on this.

Do you have any updates on the development?

This looks fantastic! Good job. Looking forward to a release.

WOAH! this looks amazing!

I think the next thing to do with the shore line wave is make it ease into the shore, and ease out. Right now it rushes into shore then suddenly stops and recedes.

Honestly though, even if you couldnā€™t work that out, this is really something that just isnā€™t done in games with water, and needs to be done, really well done! :smiley:

Since there havenā€™t been any updates for a long time: Can anyone explain how this shader works ? I really donā€™t get how the waves change the landscape specularity. Any ideas how that works(which nodes do I need) ?
And also the waves. Is the geometry used here still a simple plane and the rest of the waves just disappears in the landscape or is there a way to create a displacement effect that creates these waves ? Iā€™m really curiousā€¦

Any updates yet?

Very nice work!

Hopefully this project isnā€™t MIA as i havenā€™t seen any updates as of late.

Like i said i will release it anyway, even if it unfinished. It runs smooth on my old pc, tbh there are not many things to overload it, just a couple of textures mixed up together :smiley:
[/QUOTE]

Hello ,
when did you release your wonderful Tool?
Kind regards,
haloungie

Like Otreum said, adding an ease-out and ease-in to the water on the shore will make the reverse much more realistic.

Is this project dead?

This is really cool, any news or update would be welcome.
We stay tune! :wink: