(WIP) Roofing

This mod currently adds wooden left and right sloped wall, and a wooden roof(ramp with alternate incline to match the sloped walls).

Planning on adding thatch, stone, metal variants as well as concave and convex roof corners; peaked wall and peaked roof for odd symmetry builds; and steeper sloped wall(two walls high) and steeper roof.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=503554775&searchtext=

Nice job man! I was working on something similar for an addition to my mod.

Thanks. Which mod is yours? Don’t want to encroach on your mod, so you’re welcome to use anything I’ve done here. This is really just a learning exercise at the moment. Getting a hang of snap points is a bit challenging.

It doesnt encroach on my mod at all. Your’s is for a specific use, it would just be another cosmetic addition for my mod (Primitive+)

Nice.
Proper roofs has been wanted for a long time,

Congrats on getting your mod adopted into the game itself. The unofficial server i play on had been saying it’d be the first (and only) mod they’d install, the day before it was announced to be merged.

I dont suppose you fancy taking on the challenge of proper perimeter fencing? Something similar to this: http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111103234347/jurassicpark/images/3/39/JPTRexPaddock.png.
I suspect they’d have to be done a bit like behemoth gates, but with a decent amount of the model allowed to be sunk like foundations, otherwise theres the horrible gap underneath.

I’ve downloaded the dev kit from steam, only to find it seems to do nothing, and now redownloading it through the UE launcher thing, but having no game dev knowledge (last time i messed with a game was Duke3D!) so im not expecting to figure much out, and the only 3D modelling is very basic stuff in solidworks for machined parts. Im hoping now that the community has seen the developers being open to integrating sensible mods which fit their vision, we’ll see more content like this being created to follow in your footsteps, rather than a lot of the rather extreme or re/unbalancing mods (stack sizes, removing items… changing how existing stuff works largely).

Agree with you Mr , Proper roofs has made to run for long.If you don’t make them in proper way then those roofs can’t retain so long.So the better idea is to contact the Roofing Contractor and firstly design it in the way you want and then after discussing with the contractor.Finalize the roof you want to go with.By the way Wonderful work done by you MechanizedIT.