(WIP) - Ninja Arcade

Really nice work. Keep it up!

Cool , it looks like darks souls 2 fire boss :); keep up the good work.

Cool, thanks guys, really appreciate it!.

Oh my god , very cool , i love game like Batman or something like your game, just Epic , keep it up .

看起来不错!期待更多游戏内容。。。

Based on translation, Thanks to Kuafu… I think?. :rolleyes: … :wink:

Thanks for the replies guys, I really appreciate it!.

Based on translation Chinese to french to English , i have :confused: :

Look really awesome man. Thx for the tutorials as well.
Only critique i can give is that i think there should be a reason for the pause when the enemy smashed the ground weights.

Either fist getting stuck or due to smashing the ground a big boulder hits his head and he is stunned for a moment. Something like that.

Wow… that Dem04 is just simply AMAZING!

Your mechanics/animations/gameflow is triple A level.

The only thing i would change is that when you char is slanting it looks kinda blocky.

Maybe add create some animations for that part.

But these are only tiny little things.

Keep on the amazing work!

Wow. This is just amazing. I just downloaded the demo and I’m without words. Really impressive job. Why does your antialiasing looks so good? It looks different from UE4 standard AA.

Thanks guys, appreciate the compliments and of course the feedback.

I’ll say to cover all the crits about the boss character, he is actually far from complete, so that’s why some stuff might look… well… not complete… :slight_smile:

@Crocopede :- Yeah, I generally try and keep things plausible considering that it’s a huge lava monster to begin with… :rolleyes: and for that I basically just thought that he’d actually be a bit tired after all the rock throwing and ground pounding. I’ve considered actually some various things to do to cause the pause on there, even the fist getting stuck, which wasn’t really plausible to me, but really what made sense to me overall there is he’d simply get a bit tired. Keeps it simple, valid explanation without a real impact on having to set up any extra systems just to get to this state. The animation could also do a better job in showing the fact that he gets tired there. Even though it sound silly for such a creature to get tired like that, it show he can be vulnerable, of course creating a small window of opportunity for the player.

I can go on for much longer on all my considerations and theories on the boss, why certain things are the way they are or will be the way they will be, but it comes down to actual implementation of features, plausibility and clarity for the player and real game play impact or visual impact. So even a technically small thing like a rock hitting him, has impact across the board there. I feel like an actual event like that to cause something needs to be clearly visible to the player otherwise it’s a load of wasted time on it and in all the chaos, I’m not sure it will be. So game play impact, is “0”, visual impact is minimal and implementation is actually quite a bit of work.

But, anyway, before I ramble on even more, I’ll say that hopefully in the end the boss will mostly make some sense… I think… :slight_smile:

@brunogruber :- Thanks man, hhmmm, not sure about the AA thing, it’s all UE4 standard. Maybe your editor quality settings are set lower?.. I don’t know.

can you do an android version? If your game be on google play, I will download…

Unfortunately that’s very unlikely, sorry. This project is PC only, for now anyway.

can you do an android version for this game? I’m searching for cool android games with good graphics

Sorry man, currently that’s just not any kind of priority for me. I can’t say whether I’d feel like doing it in the future some time, but right now, I’m not planning anything like that.

In theory the game should port over with minimal content changes. I tend to keep the content on the lower end so it can scale down quite easily and keeps the general size pretty small and of course much quicker to create. Who knows on the game play side of things. Though I try and keep things pretty simple on there as well, low processing requirements. So the potential for a port is there but in my experience there is no such thing as a simple port and so I will just say that a port is highly unlikely. As it stands, I’m not doing Android, or any mobile device for that matter. It’s a PC focused project and will stay that way until it’s complete. What I decide after that, I don’t even know yet. It’s still a ways off from completion.

Oh didnt realize he gets tired.
If thats the case a simple sound of out of breath would be cool… the question is… can a giant lava monster sound out of breath without it being comical? lol

I won’t go that far, but that’s just basically the idea behind what’s happening there. I get that maybe you’d want to make sense of it, I also question stuff in games or movies, but in games, arcade games specifically, I generally just go with it. It’s kinda like saying that Superman should have been able to catch those missiles… :slight_smile:

I’m definitely not trying to be super realistic in any way about it. Even a small plausible hint at something is good enough. The fact that he gets tired has no relevance it’s just in my head what goes on, you know. I don’t ultimately care if anyone else knew that.

The real question is… why is he there to begin with?.. it’s a game… I put him there… :slight_smile:

@Obihb : Keep it arcade as we like that, and realistic is borring.

I’m loving the lava monster boss, awesome work!

Thanks, appreciate it.

Of course, just look at the title, “Ninja Arcade”, it says it right there, it’s an arcade game and it’ll play like one… :slight_smile: