[WIP] Nebula

renderings Bruno! I really like the Egg and Worker. Can you tell me which software you used to render those images. :slight_smile:

Thanks man! I used Marmoset Toolbag for the renderings. It’s an piece of software! You load the ingame model, textures and all and marmoset renders it like a game engine would. You also have a lot of control over the lights (it uses HDRI environments for that).

This is looking , can’t wait to play! Good luck!

Looks very good so far, keep up the good work!

Two of my favorite things combined: Side scrollers and SciFi. Keep up the good work, this is looking amazing. The atmosphere of the environment in the latest video was just incredible. =)

Hey guys I’m back! Some crazy stuff happened, my old computer died because of a flooding (always backup your stuff guys, we never know what’s gonna happen on the next corner), and I MOVED TO THE NORTH HEMISPHERE! Now I live in the beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia.

I’m here today with a new update on my IndieDB and GameJolt pages. Here’s some new pics:

Main Menu

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2739873/nebulahotsite/IndieDB/Mar2015_Menu.png

Scav rendering

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2739873/nebulahotsite/IndieDB/MAR2015_Scav.png

Hey guys! Quick update just so you know I’m still alive :smiley:

Just found this thread @.@
The graphics is very good, gameplay looks fun to
How did you made the egg looks like it really had embryo in it?

Your environments are looking fantastic. Looking forward to more updates!

Great art on this game! And the gameplay looks quite nice! :slight_smile:
Have a couple of questions. For the assets like the egg etc, what software did you use, Mudbox or ZBrush? And for paint them?

The egg alien-thing inside, is real sub-surface scatteting or i just a painted texture, anyways it looks really impressive! :slight_smile:

Hey guys thanks for the feedback! I’m glad you guys like it :smiley:

Most of the organic stuff is done on zbrush. For the textures, I paint a base on zbrush and then send it to photoshop for details and corrections. And the sub-surface scattering in this case is fake: it’s actually an emissive trick on the material that makes it look like there’s an embryo inside.

Guys, I just uploaded a new gameplay video to Youtube. Feedback is very welcome!

Cheers!

This is coming along nicely, I love the environment work. =)

Deadspace sidescroller? It actually looks like it :smiley: Not bad ^^

Wow looking great! I’m really impressed with your gun blend space, seems pretty challenging to get the rear aiming looking good.

Great work Bruno ! BR ftw ! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback guys. I also got some good critics on reddit and on thegame’s page on facebook. People are getting the impression that the game is “slow and easy”, so I’m gonna work on that. There’s also other things that I didn’t show on the video, such as puzzles. I’ll try to show more of that on the next video.

Hey guys, here’s a quick update on one of the enemies.

http://giant.gfycat.com/UnlinedSoupyAsianconstablebutterfly.gif

Game looks great. Love the atmospheric lighting.

Nice animations on her as well, especially the look back, one-handed aim

@floppy4 thanks for the feedback, I’m glad you like the look back one-handed aim :slight_smile:

There’s an interesting thing about that, gameplay wise. When you aim back, you lose some accuracy - specially when moving. Also, Ivy is going to move a little slower when she’s aiming back, so there’s a better balance on the combat situations.

I must add that most of the animations are placeholders. I know that right now Ivy seems to float a little when walking, the jumping is not very good, and the climbing looks a little off. The plan is to have a kickstarter campaign starting in about one month from now (hopefully), and if the campaign goes well, I intend to invest on high end AAA animations, thus making the game look and feel more solid.