Download

[WIP] Isolated mid-century house environment

[11-04-2021] Hello everyone, I’m Álvaro Martínez, a former videogame art student based in Spain and I’d like to share the progression of my final project for my Videogame art course at Universal Arts School. The point is to create a big game environment / scenario in Unreal 4 with the use of tools like Maya, Zbrush and Substance Painter.

The theme for my project will be a modern and fun mid-century house scene inside a glass dome and isolated from the outside, an arid, dry and possibly dangerous desert mostly inspired in Taberna desert in the zone of Almería in Spain.

The house design Im taking as main reference is made by Matt Fajkus in Austin, Texas which also you can find here: WORK - Re-Open House — Matt Fajkus Architecture - Sustainable Residential and Commercial Architects in Austin, TX . I had to make some adjustments to it so everything should fit in my deadline (2 months).

Here you can find my actual references (Will be adding and updating as I make progress)

1 Like

Se ve muy bien, Saludos.

1 Like

[13 - 04 - 2021] Edit from my previous post: Im still a student so dont mind when I wrote “former”. My mistake.

Im updating with blocking pictures of the project along with bookmarks. (Will post only 3 separately due to new account limitations)

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

¡Muchas gracias! :slight_smile:

[18 - 04 - 2021] Started adding Megascans assets, working on the house structure in Maya and also started a blocking for the car which will be parked in front of the house. The model is Chevrolet 1960 Bel-Air.

1 Like

2 Likes

1 Like

Great work, keep it up!!

1 Like

[21 - 04 -2021] Started the Chevrolet blocking again and started modelling it.

1 Like

[From 25 - 04 - 2021]
·Changed camera bookmarks
·Got ready some Master Materials for the upcoming assets.
·Kept working on the car carefully. I like how its looking so far (I thought it would be a flop lol)

[Update from May 2nd 2021]

·Started adding Landscape Materials to have a very first preview of the final result

·Finished modelling the car (High, low, UVs…)

[08 - 05 - 2021]

· Started modelling an eames lounge chair for the house. Low poly is almost done and so is the high poly

[09 - 05 - 2021]

·Adjusted post process (Both inside the dome and outside at the desert)
·Added materials to the Chevrolet (final adjustments still have to be made)
·Started working on a shelf and a sofa as furniture.
·Created first camera sequences.