Download

[WIP] Gears of War - Dark Ages (a fan project)

Hi people! I’m here to share, step by step, the progress of a new project in which I’m immersed. Concretely, it is a project that will try to be based in the universe of Gears of War, but with a more European classical stylish city. I did this selection because I wanted to be a little bit gothic but without the intention to lose the imperialistic architectural art of the game. Thus, I will try to mix both. It would be like bringing Gears of War to Europe and, at the same time, giving some dark nuances. I hope you like the idea, and as the first post in this thread, I will share with you the blocking on which I have been working this past week.

Like always, critics and comments are welcome!

1 Like
  1. Hello, everyone!
    I’m here again to show you my advances with the environment. On this occasion, I have spent my time modeling the modular assets to build buildings. I have decided to do three hierarchical lines:

And after I have united them in order to give shape to the building:

I have exported the windows, doors, and metal columns, separately to save up polygons creating copies of the same model.

I hope you like it and if you have something to say, say it! :blush: Don’t be shy!

1 Like
  1. Yes, I’m here again!

This time I have done some advances in one of the modular buildings. I textured it but I’m not totally convinced by the results, so it is very likely that I look for new textures to approach much more to a building of Gears of War. It is true that with decals I can improve it, but, as I have said, at soon as I have some time I will try with a new set of textures.

New captures:

And some renders here, also:

I await your comments!

1 Like

Sorry, I will be very short. Due to an important lack of time I should perform some changes in the project. I hope you like these changes too!

1 Like

Hey MiguelMNavas!

Its so apparent with just these few photos the amount of detail, time, and dedication you’ve poured into this project. The last four images are stunning and I’m amazed at the world you’re creating.

I’m also entirely jealous of your building designing skills. Phenomenal. Showstopping. Spectacular.

Keep up the great work! I look forward to seeing more :slight_smile: