I am currently working on a component system that will add RPG elements when placed on a pawn. While I’m sure there are plenty of others out there working on a system for this, I decided to give it a go anyway.
- Option to show the UI, or to not display it for using a different UI.
- Option to set as NPC (Does not include AI).
- Basic RPG stats: Strength, Stamina, Spirit, Dexterity, Intellect, Health, and Mana - Generated based on class attribute templates (can be adjusted or new classes added).
- Attack Power, Spell Power, Health and Mana maximums and regen values are based on these basic stats.
- Level and Experience system with adjustable parameters to customize the max experience per level curve. Handles experience over the max, adding levels as needed.
- Function to handle taking damage and a death state.
- In-combat system (basic) that will stop health regen and lower mana regen when in combat.
- Should work entirely with multiplayer. I always test my stuff as a client.
I tried to make everything adjustable so that it can be customized easily. It is plug and play to a point, but some of the functions require calls from the character that has the component. This would include initializing the character, taking damage, and using mana.
I am fairly new to Blueprints, and I am open to suggestions and comments.
The wiki on GitHub also contains installation instructions and some tips for customization.