[WIP] Cathedral portfolio scene

Hi there!! :smiley:

I’m a student of the 3D Computer Games Design MSc, Postgraduate Certificate at Staffordshire University. I made a scene for one of my modules and I wasn’t happy with the final result, due to the lack of time to improve it… I decided then to work on it now (as I’ve finished my modules but the dissertation one, which the deadline is in september).

I have a lot of problems at the beginning. A lot of shading and lighting problems that really stopped me for a long time, but with the help of the forums and of course from my teachers I think I have managed to improve that part. I opened a thread in case you are curious about what those problems were…

So this is how it looks right now. I still need to tweak the lighting a little bit more but now I am going to focus on some things:

• New textures
  • Decals
  • Vertex paint
  • Grunge
  • Blend Maps
  • Particles
  • Floor texture (mosaics) and less reflection.
  • New window textures, as well as new stained glasses textures.
  • New “big door” model.
  • More objects to fill the scene.

My main inspiration for this project is “God Left Me” an awesome student project

As you can see, I have to work a lot on this scene in order to make it a portfolio scene. Any feedback is well welcome :smiley:

Thanks!!

I’ve tweaked some of the bounces and bloom settings. Also I’ve moved the direction light a little bit and changed the textures of the left windows in order to be lighter.

I don’t quite understand the plane thing, I don’t know if it should be a transparent plane :S

Here they are the new screenshots:

Also I made a new model for the door, although i need to make new textures for it.

:smiley:

Thanks

Wow great job. Your lighting is super!

Looking great, keep up the good work! I’ll definitely check back to see the progress! :slight_smile: