Download

[WIP] Arcana: Awakening - Grid-Based Strategy CCG

So, other than the LFW section, this is one of the first posts here. And I hope to make it a doozy (doozie?).

Anyways, [clears throat] epic voice I come to you heralding in the new age of strategic excellence!

Too strong? Yeah, I thought so too. But I am hoping that the game I am making will be one that people love. It’s called Arcana: Awakening, and from the analog testing that we’ve done to refine ideas for cards, try out interactions, and see if it’s fun to play, we’ve loved it. AND we’ve have friends that never tried it before try it too, and they loved it.

So, you’re all like “well, that’s all fine and dandy, but what’s the game about? Why do I care?”, and those are very good questions.

As the title boldly proclaims, Arcana: Awakening is a Grid-Based Strategy CCG, in which your goal is to bring your opponent to zero life while preventing them from doing the same to you. Sounds easy, Billy Mays voice BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE!

Think other strategy card games. Magic: the Gathering, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Hex, Might & Magic: Duels of Champions, Hearthstone. What do they all have in common?

• Make a deck
  • Play that deck, trying to outplay your opponent
  • Win/lose

Alright. Well, with the exception of Might & Magic, none of those have a positioning aspect to them. You just play the cards from your hand, and that’s it. In Arcana: Awakening, it’s not just about what you play, but how you play them. Here, deck building to make sure you get what you want is only half the battle, as then you must position around your opponent, use range and forward thinking, to work through their monsters, and ultimately beat them.

If you have chess or Fire Emblem on the brain at the moment, you’re in the right direction.

Add to that, we use a resource system for your turn that is interactive and unique to any strategy card games (or at least any I’ve ever played, and I’ve played quite a few of them).

YEAH…got your attention now, huh?

a5639b823c4ebf25ebe93193643c6e87b74d5ce9.jpeg

274c118ad45fa65674c35843acad6ac4aec646f5.png

At the moment we are in early development for an online prototype with UE4. The issue is that card arts, UI, music, and all that other stuff that makes a game aesthetically pleasing (since I’ve been told “pretty” isn’t a very adult-caliber word to use often) are pricey, and I’m a part-time job worker trying to fund it. What does that mean? Crowd-funding.

As soon as we can get a decent video out of some of the features of the prototype, we’re going to launch a kickstarter. But for that, we need you. Interested. Wanting to play. Involved.

I’d love to see this become the next MtG. I can’t do that alone. If it seems like something you’d be interested in, or have questions about, please let me know! Interested in helping make the dream a reality? Let me know even more! We need help getting there. Hopefully, your help. (I know this paragraph makes this almost belong in the LFW section as well, but this post is more about creating awareness than it is about getting help).

I can be found here, via email at [EMAIL=“c.incandella@yahoo.com”]c.incandella@yahoo.com, on skype (Chris76253) or on twitter @SP_Chocobo](https://www.twitter.com/SP_Chocobo), or follow the twitter for the game @ArcanaAwakening](https://www.twitter.com/ArcanaAwakening). I hope to hear from you. I will update once we have the kickstarter up, so you can back that if interested as well. Thanks for the read!

I thought maybe an update for you guys was in order, since we got another song done for the game. Want to hear the sexiness that is Arcana: Awakening’s music? Check it out HERE!!

Let me know what you guys think!

Another Update: Regarding artwork, there are two pieces worth mentioning:
FIRST: Card art is starting to be commissioned, as I’ve found 2 artists who have reasonable pricing, and decent portfolios. They both seem really excited about the project (or getting my money, not sure which yet), and both seem to have history playing or being exposed to strategy card games. So that’s kinda awesome.
SECOND: After a bit of back and forth with a graphic artist, I’ve recently begun the commission process for a card template. Really excited to see how that turns out as well, since from the rough designs we agreed upon, it seems like it is going to look fantastic.

On top of that, I also got a second programmer on board, so a prototype should hit you guys that much sooner!

Made a facebook for the game. So be sure to check that out as well ^~^ I think that facebook is going to be a true count of people interested in the game, so if you are, be sure to show that there. :slight_smile:

FACEBOOK