[WIP] Arcade Space Shooter Template

Thank you for the fast and detailed explanation! Can’t wait for it to come out!

Hey got a question,

How much will this cost?

I need to budget this in. :slight_smile:

Hey HeadClot,

I haven’t settled on a final price yet, but its probably going to be $49.99. :slight_smile:

I’m thinking I may do a limited promotion for those that want to get it ASAP via Itch.io. Since it will take some time to get it on the Marketplace, I’ll use that time to gather feedback, do any additional polish / bug fixes, and get opinions on what features to include in future releases (already have a few things I’d like to add, but want to get your feedback first!).

Ok, Awesome!

New update!

Whats new:

• New FPS-independent movement code!
  • New smooth track movement to make it easier to aim!
  • Better PickUp behavior
  • Radar Improvement - see your locked enemy!
  • Clean up and comments on most Blueprints with clear explanations

Full Corneria Playthrough!

Hi everyone!

The Arcade Space Shooter Template has finally been submitted to Epic for approval! I got a confirmation from them already (so hopefully this is a good sign lol).

You can find the Marketplace thread HERE.

I’ve also released the template early on Itch.io HERE. Its currently discounted for the early adopters :slight_smile:

Hey guys,

I’m tagging you because you all showed interest in the template :slight_smile:

The Arcade Space Shooter Template has been submitted to Epic and its pending approval!

I’ve also put it on Itch.io HERE in case you want to get it early - its currently discounted for early adopters :slight_smile:

Hi everyone,

The Arcade Space Shooter Template has finally been released in the Unreal Engine Marketplace!

Marketplace Page - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/arcade-space-shooter-template

Itch.io Page - https://coquigames.itch.io/arcade-space-shooter-template

In addition, the template has its first major update - release 1.1 that has the following:

• Refactored the Track Code to allow for continuously curved tracks - now you have more flexibility in the types of tracks you can create!
  • Added custom sounds to the template - created with BFXR and acquired online with a CC-0 license
  • Added BP_StageClear - a Blueprint that allows you to end the level without fighting a Boss. It can be as simple as overlapping a trigger, or killing a certain amount of enemies before being active
  • Added a **new tool **to align actors to your track easily!
  • New Game Mode - Thrust Mode. Now you can toggle between moving and staying stationary to allow for more classic gameplay. I included a sample level to showcase this mode
  • New Obstacle Course level added - it showcases the new track code and the different types of obstacles you can easily create with the template
  • A host of bug fixes that I caught along the way

Hey! Any updates?

Hey keiranlovett - Thanks for following up! Since the last release in November I haven’t worked on an update yet. I’ve been working on my newest project the Animal AI Behavior Kit instead. Once this is released I’ll probably start working on an update for this template.

Cheers!

Hey guys, the Arcade Space Shooter Template is on sale for 30% off. Get it before the Spring Sale ends! - Arcade Space Shooter Template in Blueprints - UE Marketplace

I have a question. How do you feel about adult content? Would you be fine if I use your template/engine,to make something like this? Indie for Breakfast - DEEP SPACE WAIFU - YouTube

Hey Straight Shorty,

No problems at all - go ahead :). If you go the endless shooter route, take a look at how I do an infinite track in Corneria for Boss 2 and how i keep Boss 2 moving relative to the Player - it might help in this kind of game :D.

Cheers!

Hey everyone,

The Arcade Space Shooter Template is currently 50% off during the summer sale. You can get it HERE!

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone have any suggestion. I am using ASST for a game. You see it at the end of this video Development Vlog - Bridge Unreal Editor 12 24 2018 - YouTube.

The problem I’m having I can’t control the ship or make it so enemies slow down closer to the player without sometimes crashing into the player. I’m looking for more controls like Star Trek Online Space Combat Romulan Dreadnought - YouTube and NO MAN'S SKY: HOW TO GET BETTER AT SHIP COMBAT! | NMS Quick Guide |Tips And Tricks, Win More Battle! - YouTube. I play Eve Online, Star Trek Online, No Mans SKy, Star Conflict, and Pioneer and spent days trying to figure out controlling the ship. I have been looking at blueprints and can’t find where I should modify or change.

I’m not looking for anything complex. Just the ability to control speed or thurster. forward using keyboard numbers, with full thrust and all stop. Think controlling up and down with the keyboard.

Any help is appreciated.

Vivienne

Hi Vivienne - I replied to your email earlier. I’ll be sending you a more detailed explanation soon :slight_smile: