Edelweiss Games is a small team of developers from Austria around the age of 30. We started developing our own in-house 3D engine since 2010 to implement our game idea. But because of the lack of time and the fabulous UE4 engine we started to settled our game on UE4 and paused developing our own engine for now.
Our team consists mostly of very experienced C/C++ programmers (one of us already has experience in game industry) and the others have deep knowledge in programming (~10 years).
Wings of Ravine is a fast-paced, team-based, bad-*** multiplayer 3D arcade racing game in a sci-fi environment. It`s a mixture of Super Mario Kart, Wipeout and some nice tactical elements with strong emphasis on having various nice options to win the game.
Caution: Programmers art!!!
Edelweiss Games is looking for an longer-term talented lead artist who has fun in visualizing our ideas and is willing to direct our visual design process the right way.
Being based in Europe or America would be beneficial, but in general time zones are manageable.
- Participate on weekly Skype meetings to discuss ideas and further steps.
- Strong illustration and painting skills.
- Solid familiarity with Photoshop.
- Excellent communication and team skills.
- Ability to take direction and offer suggestions on technique and best practices.
- A passion for creating and playing video games.
Nice to have
- Experience in 3D low/high poly modelling (Blender/Maya/3DS Max/…).
- Experience in PBR texturing (Substance Painter, DDO,…).
- Experience in World Machine or equivalent heightmap generation tools.
If we could catch your interest working on an exciting project with some nice motivated people, please don’t hesitate and show us your portfolio!