Windows server d3d error.

my windows server is crashing with a d3d error and no logs, any help?
Screenshot_2023-11-07_213206

Greetings @skrubdud3

This is an error generally pointed at your GPU. It’s not always the hardware that is the issue, though. It varies. What type/model of GPU are you running at the moment and what OS? The first thing we’d want to check is that you have a DirectX 11 GPU with Shader 5.0 compatibility. After that, if your GPU is compatible I’d look at making sure that you have the most up to date drivers for it. If it’s still there at that point I’d consider maybe going and downloading/installing all of the latest Visual C++ Redistributables. These are the steps I’d take personally and see where I’m at from there. I hope that this helps!

the server provider I use doesn’t have gpus but they say they have all the directX runtime things. another thing to note is that my server was working fine before.

Oh, I see. You say it was working well before. Has anything changed since it last ran good with your system or your server provider? (New hardware, software, etc)

I did a graphics revamp, but that’s about it. Is there a way to detect if a asset requires a GPU?

It depends on what your product/project is. Is this a game that you’re looking to run on a server or an application of some type, etc? Also, you mentioned a graphics revamp. Did you change your graphics card in your computer or something of that nature, by chance?

it’s a game, and by graphics revamp I mean new graphics for the game. I’m sure it’s something with one of the models that’s causing this.

If you added any plugins or content from other users, I’d check their requirements. But, the error popping up is mentioning specifically a DirectX 11 Compatible GPU with Feature Level 11 Shader Model 5.0. I’d compare your graphics card and see if it supports Shader Model 5.0. I’d check which GPU you currently have and see if there are graphic updates as well.

It’s not me having issues, its the server provider i use

Oh, I see. I’d inquire with them to see what hardware they’re running. That error is an indicator of the GPU not being compatible with shader 5.0 etc. (At least generally)

they said they dont use gpus

I see. The error you listed is showing that the system it’s running on does not have a GPU with Shader 5.0 capability, which would seem to insinuate that the project being ran on that system requires it.

Hey, it has been solved. Turns out I had “For distribution” enabled on server, which caused the error for some reason.

Oh wow! I didn’t see that coming myself. GREAT find! I’m glad you got it resolved! Have a good week!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.