Windows Packaging

Currently trying to make a packaged windows build from 5.0.0EA2 and running into the bug that seems to think I dont have the required SDK installed to package for windows. As you can see from platform dropdown the SDK is installed although strangely it shows a different SDK version on device than in editor. When tapping the button to install SDK from launcher nothing happens.

I have tried to update the device SDK, similarly nothing happens. All the correct SDK, dotnet and moving the hostfxr.dll to AutomationTools has been done.

Im out of ideas!

Hi @OWLANDFOX
According to my build on the UE 50EA2 Editor, from source, not the Epic Launcher binary version you need
Win64 using Manual SDK 10.0.18362.0
So you will need to load Windows SDK 10.0.18362.0 from the Visual Studio or manually from the download page at Windows SDK archive - Windows app development (microsoft.com)

I think however the launcher is trying to load Binaries for the Windows Win64 Platform from the Epic Launcher. That wont happen as they are Microsoft and not redistributable to Epic Unreal.
In effect the only way you will get the UE Editor to launch Windows shipping package will be to build the UE Editor from source and then it will build and launch Windows package.

1 Like

Great thanks Ill try a build from source then!

Hi @OWLANDFOX . I have since written a post and made a repository for using with the new Visual Studio 2022 Preview.
Visual Studio 2022 Preview is 64 bit and compiles and runs UE 5.0 EA approximately 20% FASTER - Development Discussion / Unreal Engine 5 Early Access - Unreal Engine Forums
This might help you get started

1 Like

Interesting, Ill give this a shot too!