Windows 64 Minimum System Spec

Hey everyone,

I am setting up my steam store page for my game, and it is asking me for the minimum and recommended
system specs. Is there a good way of finding out or do I just have to test it on different machines?

Thank you in advance.

Do tests of different spec and jurge yourself,

Minimal requirements (by that i mean require to run at all) of UE4 are really low absolute minimum is SM4.0 (aka DX10) GPU (if you configure to run on DX10 RHI) and 4GB RAM should run in fact thats limit RAM usage for 32-bit build, i run UE4 on 2nd generation Core 2 Quad in the past so it can really run on very old CPU and i run mobile projects even on 30-60FPS with GF9600GT. Windows 7 i think is minimum in terms of OS, in the past oyu could even build XP version of UE4, but i dont think it’s still being supported (but you can download old UE4 and do such a game).

The rest is is whatever how fast it runs and what you consider you game runing ok. Also what you consider “minimal requirement” since some might think it’s 1080p at 30FPS for example. Problem is that depends purly on your project not UE4, again UE4 it self can run in really low conditions the rest depends on your game. So tests are really only way, thats why companies do those. If you really have nno way to determent that i guess just copy UE4 editor requirments, but they are busted specially in RAM as editor build is more RAM hungry then shipping build, requirments also include fact oyu gonna intensively use CPU to compile shaders and .

Thank you for your quick response,

this is definitely helpful.

Much appreciated!