Windows 10 crashes in UE4 editor-mode

I’ve had crashes lately too, but usually it’s when the editor is opening a level / project that’s saved. Starting a new project doesn’t result in it. The crash occurs in the 90th percentage range. It has also occurred while UE is open, but not much, and is after I have frequently made changes and applied those changes in the material editor. I was leaving the internet browser (Firefox 70) open during start / running of UE 4.23, and thought it might be hindering the processing and memory for UE. I’m not sure though, since I’ve only used UE a few times when the browser isn’t open simultaneously. The crash that occurred while making changes in the material editor, and applying them after 1 up to several changes, was when the browser wasn’t open, I think. Anyway, I think this problem may be one of RAM allocation and virtual memory / paging file. I’m using a 6 GB RAM Intel 5500u with 4 cores at 2.4 GHz (max 3.0 GHz), and only do smaller tasks in UE 4.23. I haven’t made any huge landscapes, or filled a level with tons of lights and particle effects / materials, etc. I’m mainly learning the basics. The main problem aside from crashing is the rendering / updating graphics takes a bit of time, about a few seconds or more than what I’ve seen in tutorial videos. It’s interesting that CryEngine requires a minimum of 4 GB RAM, while UE suggests a minimum of 8 GB RAM. While Intel states that its 5500 series graphics card, along with 2.4-3 GHz processing, is enough for some high-end rendering and supports HDR. I would utilize a better computer, but I can’t currently. In essence, the problem is probably coming from abrupt changes in RAM allocation and paging file / virtual memory use. Background processes and services sometimes utilize way more resources than the stats shown in the Task window. In fact, they’re probably sharing memory and processing / threading, so those numbers aren’t a fully accurate display of what’s in use and what’s available for memory / processor power.

That’s why when I faced this very same issue, I formatted my PC and KILLED windows update from my system. All is fine now.

BTW… I have the same problem since I started working with UE4.26, my entire PC crashes, not just UE4.

I have a gaming PC, the best specs, and every once in a while (every day or 2 days), my computer crashes in any mode, while working in Blueprints, materials, viewport, playing in PIE, or doing anything…

No issues at all with any other UE4 version.