Win32 Development Editor fails to compile: __declspec(align('8')) won't be aligned

Hi,

I’ve just downloaded the 4.2 source and ran into some issues with audio on the x64 build which made me try the x86 version and it just fails to compile with the following error:

1>engine\source\developer\profilerclient\private\ProfilerClientManager.h(109): error C2719: 'Message': formal parameter with __declspec(align('8')) won't be aligned
1>Engine\Source\Developer\ProfilerClient\Private\ProfilerClientManager.cpp(1113): error C2719: 'Message': formal parameter with __declspec(align('8')) won't be aligned
1>Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\LevelEditorViewport.cpp(110): error C2719: 'Location': formal parameter with __declspec(align('16')) won't be aligned

Everything is stock, nothing modified.

Hi Stefan,

Are you trying to build the Editor for Win32, or your project? The Editor can only be built for Win64, and if you try to build it for Win32 you should receive a message stating that UE4Editor does not support the Win32 platform.

If you are trying to build your project for Win32, then we will have to do some additional investigation.

Yeah, I was trying to build the editor. I had no idea the editor was x64 only, but it makes sense. Thanks!

Win32 is useful. The Edit And Continue feature works only for win32. So it’ll be better if editor works for win32.

Hi Xu Nie,

You can set the Solution Platform for a game project to Win32. However the Editor can only be built with the Solution Platform set to Win64.

You can not build the Development Editor - Win32 confifguration in Visual Studio. The UE Editor has to build on Win64. You can only build “Development/Shipping” with Win32 to package the game with Win32. It’s similar to Android and iOS Package :smiley:

I think it will help you.

ok ,it works for me.
thx!