Will upgrading Windows OS corrupt/damage UE4 Projects?

So i’m planning on upgrading my PC from windows 7 to 10. One thing that has kept me from doing this is i’m afraid the upgrade will corrupt or somehow make my current UE4 game projects unreadable, like scattering texture files and such. Does anyone have any experience or recommendations on this?

It’s best if you do a clean install when upgrading an OS, so if you can, take your project folders and put them somewhere else than the drive you want to install Windows on, erase the drive and install Windows 10 rather than doing an upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and then copy your files back over. You’ll have to reinstall UE4 after that.

Every time i reinstall or upgrade my windows, i use new harddrive (or new SSD recently).
Install new windows on new SSD, then install unreal editor, then create dummy project so editor can create all folders etc. Then copy your game project over to new editor instance.
If this does not work you can always dual boot old windows until you fix it under win10.

HDDs or SSD are quite cheap, and anyway you should have system and unreal editor on 2 separate SSDs. Preferable M.2 if your motherboard supports those.

Dont go cheap on storage quality and speed for development, those wasted minutes on slower HDD add up quickly to hours that you waste waiting for stuff to be compiled, saved etc.

I haven’t had a problem with updates in Windows 10, I have Metered connection set (setting your connection to metered will prevent updates since it assumes you have limited download bandwidth). You just disable metered connection when you decide you have time to get updates.

But I think it’s going to be a good idea to install it on a clean formatted drive rather than trying to upgrade from Windows 7