Will UE 4 work on my laptop

Hello, I’m currently working on a game on udk 3 and wanted to migrate to ue 4, from what I’ve heard and seen there is not much discussion going about which is the best engine.

My problem is my machine, a laptop with an Intel® Pentium® Dual Core Processor 3550M (2.30GHz) 2MB Cache, 4gb of ram and nvidia 850m gtx. Even though this works more than fine for udk, for what I’ve seen I would clearly have some problems with ue 4.

My question is about how serious would this problems be, would I be able to do a game with this system and at the same time take advantage of ue4 in comparison to udk?

Waiting on feedback, best regards.

You’ll probably be able to run it but not well, at all.
But it all depends on what kind of game you want to make. Something simple or maybe a simple 2D game would be possible but anything a bit more heavy and you’ll have loads of problems.

The system recommendations are:
Desktop PC or Mac
Windows 7 64-bit or Mac OS X 10.9.2 or later
Quad-core Intel or AMD processor, 2.5 GHz or faster
NVIDIA GeForce 470 GTX or AMD Radeon 6870 HD series card or higher
8 GB RAM

There are a couple of threads about UDK(UE3) vs UE4:

I was recently running a machine with similar spec’s, I could run it but it was seriously painful. The biggest problem was actually the RAM, then the CPU…upgrading to 8GB of RAM helped massively but ultimately I ended up getting a new machine as material and lighting compilation was taking forever and a day.

I don’t want to make a heavy game (mostly cause my resources are limited), still I’d like to do a good looking first person perspective game.
Anyways, thanks for the feedback, my fears were reasonably founded. It seems that upgrading to ue4 would actually reduce the workflow instead of speeding things up. I guess I’ll have to keep with UDK till I’m able to upgrade my machine.