Will my Laptop support Unreal Engine

Intel® UHD Graphics 620 is not really something you want to use in UE4 - you really do need a dedicated video card. But you may be able to run it; doing anything beyond the most basic tasks will be slow and prone to crashing since you’ll be running out of RAM that you must share with the GPU.

So the answer is maybe.

Also, that 2 core 15W CPU will struggle big time. :expressionless:

What if I add more 8gb ddr4 ram?
Also there is no way that we can add dedicated grapics in a laptop?
And what do you mean by basic tasks?I am still a beginner in game development.
Thank You

Will the following laptop support Unreal Engine. I am just starting with game development so not very heavy tasks till I am a beginner.
Link: HP Notebook - 15q-ds0049tu Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

Also there is no way that we can add
dedicated grapics in a laptop?

You cannot add it, no. You can buy a laptop that already has it, though. I was under the impression you were in the market for one.

Seeing that the entire 8GB is in a single stick, an extra 8GB would definitely help - not only with capacity but throughput as well, since you’ll be able to take advantage of the dual channel feature all of sudden (unless there’s a truly wonky motherboard in there - unlikely)

It does not really matter if you’re a beginner or not, you either can or cannot run the engine. It’s a cutting edge graphics engine and you’re approaching it with a tiny bit of silicon built into the 15W CPU.

You need to cover 3 bases here:

• 4 core CPU
  • 8GB of RAM
  • dedicated video card (there are some fairly strong APUs out there, though)

The machine you linked covers none of these, since the vRAM needs sharing with the system RAM in this setup. Yet I’m still saying that it will probably run.

In regards to how well - it will run like utter garbage, and that’s on the lowest settings. Can you use it to learn cool stuff? Absolutely yes, but manage your expectations and prepare to have your patience tested!

And what do you mean by basic tasks?I

Learn how the editor features work. Don’t expect to develop anything asset heavy.