Will my comp be able to run UE4?

I do see some threads with performance concerns. It would be a shame if I started subscribing when I should have waited until after upgrading first.

CPU: Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 2.40 GHz
Motherboard: Intel DP35DP
Memory: 6 GB Kingston ValueRam PC2-5300 667 MHz
Graphics Card: Asus ENGTX460
Sound Card: Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Hard Drives: Samsung HD502HJ, Seagate Barracuda 320GB
PSU: EVGA 500B

I think it will run, but it won’t be too smooth for you. You’ll need a better computer if you want to have a good experience using the engine.

I got worse specs then you (other then CPU which is successor of your CPU) and got around 20FPS and 2D games around 40FPS. So you should have little better results then me

Whilst your computer is low spec, what I suggest you do to increase FPS in editor, is to turn off some of the post processing.

1: Click on “Show”
2: Scroll down to “Post Processing”
3: A menu will popup showing you all the post processing features running.
4: untick the ones you don’t really need.

You will get quite a lot of FPS whilst in editor.

Also if you want to cap your fps not to go higher than say 30fps you can type this into the command line "t.MaxFPS 30"

i would say personally upgrading just the graphic card would so you alot of good.

Your GPU isn’t that bad, but your CPU may have problems, it’s the first quad-core available so it’s at the very bottom of quad-core processors.

Hi guys,
Closing this thread, it is in a similar vein asforums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?396-High-CPU-GPU-post-usage-temporary-fixes-until-next-update. Please post there for future hardware discussion.

Thank you!