[Wiki] Texture merging with UCanvasRenderTarget2D

Hi everyone. I noticed there’s not much documentation on using UCanvasRenderTarget2D, so I decided I’d share a code sample from one of my projects to demonstrate it. It’s a really powerful feature, but I don’t see a lot of people using it so I hope this wiki article will help people to discover it. Please feel free to make suggestions for any sort of improvements.
Texture_Merging_With_UCanvasRenderTarget2D

Thanks for that, very useful for character customization indeed. Was planning on a complex material setup but this might just make it faster, and possibly also easier to use.

Yeah, that’s the exact reason I did it this way in the first place. It should be possible to do from Blueprints too, but I haven’t gotten around to making a Blueprint version yet because my projects are all C++. Maybe if there’s enough people interested in seeing it then I’ll take some extra time to see how well it works implementing it that way.

Here is a plugin with a blueprint library based on the wiki code:
Texture Merge Plugin
Many thanks to DarthCoder who gave me the permission to release it for free under the MIT license!

Hi there from germany!
Actually I’m creating a character creator/generator with morphing, clothing, equip items, tattoo, scars etc. Character graphics are bought from Morph3D. For tight clothes there an injection mask to mask out the skin (make the skin under the clothes invisible). For that I’m using the same mechanism to merge several textures (masks) but with some more extras. But event when I’m just using your class I receive the following results. In the example I equip a shirt and as you can see the last copied texture (shirt mask) looks fuzzy (1). The previously equipped gloves are sharp. When I equip the next (pants) the shirt is getting sharp (2) but then the pants are fuzzy (because it’s now the last texture?). Do have similar problems or what can be the problem? It looks a little bit like a compression. But compression is on the hole texture (DXT1).