Download

Wiki Code Tutorials

Ah, i forgot about this thread (always skipping the pinned threads). Gonna post my
simple Session Code Tutorial and examples, as well as explanations here too if i’m allowed!

How to use Sessions in C++!

PS: If it’s not allowed by you Rama, just tell me and i will remove it again. :open_mouth:

Thank you for sharing eXi!

That’s quite the nicely formatted and extensive tutorial on the important topic of Network Game Sessions!

Great work!

:heart:

Rama

Thanks Rama for sharing your tutorials, wiki already added to bookmarks :slight_smile:

Great work Exi! That’ll be a super valuable resource! Tweeted it out too!

Wiki on BlueprintImplementableEvent updated to 4.8 Standards

Dear Community,

I’ve now upgraded my BlueprintImplementableEvent wiki to 4.8 standards!

Empower Your Entire Team With BlueprintImplementableEvent

Most notably, it is a recent new standard that BP Implementable events should not be virtual.

:slight_smile:

Rama

PhysX Wiki Updated to 4.9

Dear Community,

I’ve now updated my PhysX wiki to 4.9

Specifically, all PToU conversions were moved from PhysicsPublic.h to PhysXPublic.h

Enjoy!

Rama

Get Vertices Wiki Updated

Dear Community,

I’ve now updated the Accessing Mesh Triangles and Vertex Positions wiki to 4.9!

Rama

4.9.0 ~ FHitResult Now Returns Distance From Start to Impact Point

Dear Community,

Epic accepted my pull request to expose Distance information as part of FHitResult!

The PhysX engine was always returning this information, so my requested Engine code change did not affect performance at all.

The advantage is that now whenever you do a trace, you already have the non-squared actual distance from the start of the trace to the impact point available to you!

Trace Functions Wiki Updated to 4.9.0

Enjoy!

Rama

4.9 Update to USTRUCT Wiki

Dear Community,

I’ve updated my USTRUCT wiki to reflect the removal of RepRetry UPROPERTY keyword

UE4 UStructs

Enjoy!

Rama

UE4 Engine Singleton Class

Dear Community,

I’ve updated my Engine Singleton Wiki to 4.9

Global Data Storage Class

This is a class that you can define and Blueprint, and store any core essential asset references or other core game data that you need.

Keep in mind you should only store essential info here as the class is instanced at game startup and any assets it links to are also loaded.

Rama

@Rama

Do you know whether I can use UE4 in my own programs(eg: I get a window handle, and then use UE4 to show the 3d scene in the window. It seem like directx 3d)?

Empower Your Entire Team With Blueprint Native Events

Dear Community,

In this wiki I show you how you can empower your entire team with Blueprint Native Events!

These events allow you to run Blueprint code from C++, with an optional C++ implementaiton.

A great example is a lot of the core functions in the GameMode class which can now be overridden in Blueprints, adding to or replacing the C++ base functionality!

Empower Your Team With BlueprintNativeEvents

Rama

I’ve never tried to do that :slight_smile: Let me know how it goes!

Rama

How to Modify BP Variable References in C++ And Send Back to BP

Dear Community,

Here’s a wiki on how you can pass BP variable data to C++, modify it in C++, and then send it back to BP without copying the data!

This is really imporant for modifying BP variable arrays, and I also found a handy usecase for making a BP ++ operator node!

How to Modify Blueprint Variable References In C++ Without Copying

Enjoy!

Rama

Learning UE4 C++

I have over 80 wiki tutorials on the UE4 Code wiki to help you learn UE4 C++!

UE4 Code Wiki

Enjoy!

:heart:

Rama

How to Run Dedicated Servers From Commandline

Dear Community,

I"ve just created a tutorial on how to run Dedicated Servers with 2 connecting clients from commandline! (editor closed)

How To Test Dedicated Server Games Via Commandline

Enjoy!

Rama

How to Prevent Stale AActor* Pointers in UE4

Dear Community,

If you are experiencing crashes due to stale AActor* pointers, I have just the new wiki for you!

A stale pointer means the AActor* returns true when you verify != nullptr, but then dereferencing still causes a crash.

Check out the solution here:

Rama

You can now Get Traced Distance At No Extra CPU Cost!

Dear Community,

Epic accepted my pull request to expose Distance information as part of FHitResult!

The PhysX engine was always returning this information, so my requested Engine code change did not affect performance at all.

The advantage is that now whenever you do a trace, you already have the non-squared actual distance from the start of the trace to the impact point available to you!

Trace Functions Wiki Updated With Info About New Distance Property of FHitResult

Enjoy!

Rama

Packaged Game Paths: Obtain Paths based on Game Executable

Dear Community,

In this wiki I share with you many functions that enable you to obtain absolute paths that are based on the location of the game exectuable.

In otherwords you can package the game, and then move it at any time to any directory, and the path generated will be accurate for your whole moved project!

Example:

//InstallDir/WindowsNoEditor/GameName
const FString ThePath = FPaths::ConvertRelativePathToFull(FPaths::GameDir());

In a pre-packaged game this will be where the .uproject is, but in packaged game it will be your main game directory off of windowsnoeditor!

Packaged Game Paths ~ Obtain Directories Based on Executable Location

Rama

AI Pathing Customization in C++

Dear Community,

In this wiki I show you how you can completely customize the UE4 PathFollowing behavior every tick in C++!

I used this method to make my C++ AI Jump Pathing videos!

Custom UE4 AI Pathing Every Tick

https://youtube.com/watch?v=sMMSQdnyt6o

Enjoy!

Rama