Widgets attached to actors in my level can only be seen after opening a matinee

Got a strange bug in 4.8. I had the problem in 4.7 too, but I just now figured it out.Widgets attached to actors in my level can only be seen after opening a matinee. I open my editor, and cant see widgets in the level. Then i just open a matinee and all the widgets display correctly. I’m able to close the matinee and everything is still good.

Hello Stunt Thumper,

I was unable to reproduce this issue on our end. I have a few questions for you that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.

Quick questions:

1. Can you reproduce this issue in a clean project?
  2. If so, could you provide a detailed list of steps in order to reproduce this issue on our end?
  3. Could you provide screen shots of any blueprints that may be involved with this issue?
  4. Was this project upgraded from an older version of the engine?
  5. When you say that the widgets are attached to the actors, do you mean that you are using widget components?
  6. If you are using widget components, are you using screen space or world space?

Only happens in my project. The project started i think in a later update in 4.6. Its now a 4.8.0 project. I point out 2 widgets, but all widgets do it the same. - YouTube

Hello Stunt Thumper,

If you do not bring up the matinee window and you play test your project, do the widgets show up or are they still invisible?

They always show correctly on play

Hello Stunt Thumper,

If you create new assets in a clean project and then migrate them in, does this issue still occur?

Let me get back to you. I’m in Greece for the week

Hello Stunt Thumper,

Enjoy your trip to Greece, please let us know when you get back and provide us with the information requested.

Hello Stunt Thumper,

I understand that you are not able to reply for a week, however I am marking this issue as resolved for tracking purposes. Feel free to reopen this issue with additional information when you return.

Make it a great day