Widget Switcher stuck on first widget it opens

It sounds like you’ve added more than one widget to the viewport and things are overlapping. As a quick debug, Get All Widgets of Class and see how many get created.

Hi, when I use the widget switcher, which I’ve used before without issue, the first widget it loads will stay stuck on the screen, even when I switch to other widgets using the “set active widget index” blueprint. It loads the new widget, but doesn’t hide the first loaded widget. So they’re on top of each other.

My current work around is setting it to a blank widget first so that when widgets load, they’re not stacked and unreadable. Starting the player with a blank screen isn’t ideal, and if I load the widget to change automatically, whatever I load will stay stuck on screen.

Index 0 in the project, from this image, is the blank widget I added as a work around.

Any help is appreciated! I can provide more info as well.

Things I’ve tried:

• Hiding the first widget when the other menu buttons are pressed. I tried a couple methods and couldn’t get it to hide.
  • On event construct I set it to set the active widget to any widget that’s not blank and it becomes the stuck widget. I’ve tried with a 1 second delay. Same issue.

Oh, that might totally be it! I’ll run that and find where it’s created in my script. See if I can see where I doubled it up if that’s the issue.

Solved it! I added a do once and everything is working perfectly. Thanks, Appreciate it!

This is my first question so I don’t know if I mark it as solved or a mod does. This was the answer to my problem!

*Edit: I marked it as solved.