I just created a user widget, placed a button and a textblock on it. Then I wanted to copy and paste that with the shortcuts, but everytime I do, the program doesn’t react anymore and I’m forced to kill the task…
I have a few questions for you that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.
- What version of the engine are you using?
- Can you reproduce this issue in a clean project?
- If so, could you provide a detailed set of steps to reproduce this issue on our end?
- Could you provide screen shots of the widgets involved with this issue?
- I’m using version 4.7.3
- No, the problem doesn’t appear in a clean project, but still in the old one, and I don’t know why.
However, here’s a screenshot of the issue in my current project. The widget is only called from one other blueprint…
When you are trying to paste the button and text block, do you still have the button selected?
I just tried it in both ways, and actually the issue only appears if the button is still selected while pasting!
After looking over the new information given in your last post I was able to determine that this is a known issue (UE-10040) and that it has been resolved internally. This solution should be available in a later release of the engine. Thank you for your time and information.
Make it a great day