Widget Interaction component breaking mouse interaction

Since I implemented the widget interaction for VR which is working fine any mouse widget interaction is not working at all anymore. The regular mouse controls are in a child pawn class of the VR pawn class. I tried destroying the widget interaction component which did not help at all, neither does setting it inactive. I also tried setting it all up for mouse with the widget interaction component by using the the Custom source option and get hit result under cursor but then I have to click twice, which might be because the mouse over is not working with mouse.
Before in 4.12 it was all working fine by using the regular mouse controls of the player controller now I have no way to get it working at all with that.

Hello,

If I understand your issue correctly, it sounds like this is working as intended. Changes were made to how the mouse interaction works with widget components in 4.13. I have provided a link to another question on the answerhub that provided more information. I hope that this information helps.

Link: 3D UMG widget stopped working in 4.13 - UI - Epic Developer Community Forums

Make it a great day