Widget flipbook/video animations

I created an animated sequence in Adobe After Effects to simulate digital interference/noise with some spoopy faces that I want to appear as a screen effect in-game when an enemy is close. I know how to script said enemy and all that, but I can’t seem to figure out getting the sequence into the game.

The two available options seem to be creating a flipbook or using a video file, but the former is very resource intensive because it requires working with hundreds of high resolution frames, and the widget blueprints don’t seem to have flipbooks as an option. The latter, I have no clue how to implement. I’ve heard that widgets can use video files but I’m not sure how. And with both options there seem to be no options for transparency so the player can still see, unless I’d have to make the original sequence in AE translucent. Thoughts?

As for latter - check Media Player https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/WorkingWithMedia/MediaFramework/HowTo/FileMediaSource/index.html

Also maybe you can make use of PosdProcess materials - Post Process Materials | Unreal Engine Documentation