Widget camera actor view

Hi everyone,

So I am playing with the widget blueprint inside my archviz level. I created without any problem, with the help of the epic tutorial, my main menu with setting resolution and also a pause menu.

I am now working on an widget that allow to navigate between camera actors. So far everything is working, I can jump inside the widget and play around all my camera that I set in the widget blueprint and level blueprint, but I got only one issue. When I quit the widget and resume the game mode my character is locked to the camera and I don’t have any movement available. I tried a lot of blueprints options but I didn’t find the solution. I think it is something inside the camera itself because the resume button in the widget is the same that I used inside the main menu and pause menu and they work perfectly.

here some pictures of my blueprints

Level blueprint :

Close button widget blueprint :

views settings in the widget blueprint :
42cd22c88533af376929075d98ead2ab7332a9e8.jpeg

this is the result (everything is working except the close button that I explained above) :

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi guys,

I posted this thread just before the forum maintenance. Now that everything came back to normal, I Hope someone can help me :wink:

Thanks you in advance!

Using the logic that probably I need to set back the camera view to the camera inside the first person character blueprint. I tried to cast to it and active the camera inside the blueprint but it didn’t work.

here the example

I went inside the cameras view setting to see if there is something that block character movement, but I didn’t see an obvious settings to change.

I also tried a new blueprints settings using cast to GameMode node like in this thread https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/298895/how-to-change-cameras-by-umg-button.html. This allow me to remove the Call widget node from my settings but it didn’t resolve the main problem.

I still don’t know how to resolve this. any clue?

here my new setup

Level Blueprint

Widget views setup

Hi everyone,

Nobody have any clue or an idea of how I can resolve this issue? I must have done something wrong or missed something because some other archviz artist have made this before, but I didn’t see any tutorial about this. I would appreciate any opinion about the subject that may help to find the solution.

thanks again!

Hello,
I have been trying to replicate this for a particular scene and for the life of me cannot get it to work. I am new to UE4 and started with the included first person example ( not sure if that is why none of this is working). I have been here: How to Change Cameras by UMG button? - UI - Unreal Engine Forums
and everywhere in between searching for thew past two days but cannot get this to work.
Here is my widget BP:

Here is my Level BP:
I am very new to all of this so please excuse me if I am missing something stupid simple. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Thanks