Widget Button Not Working In Multiplayer But Works Fine In Single Player

HI, I have a problem with a widget not working in multiplayer, it works only with 1 player…

I have a main HUD widget displayed with simple health bars etc. Then I press Tab to open my inventory, it opens fine but it’s like it is inactive. Proximity items get loaded in a scroll box just fine like they should but the individual buttons for each item that I made from widgets are dead, I can’t click on them, hover over events don’t fire etc. I can even put a normal button (for a test) on top of my inventory widget but it doesn’t interact or fire either. This is strange because in single player it works fine. I also find it strange I have a 10 slot quickbar at the bottom of this same inventory widget and it interacts just fine. It has to be something simple, you would think while in multiplayer it would work right for the server. Any ideas please let me know Thanks!

Friendly Bump, I really need this figured out, it makes no sense why it doesn’t work, on the server side it should work no matter what…

You are not showing anything related to Multiplayer in those screenshots so it is impossible to help solve the problem. How are the variables set? Where is the Event called? Server or Client or Both?

Thanks for your reply, The PlayerInventoryComponent I made is attached to the ThirdPersonCharacter and it gets called from there. It doesn’t go through checking authority because it’s just the client’s inventory readout, this should work no matter what on the server side anyways right? To answer your question it’s being called on both then. If it worked right on the server I could get it working for the clients to. The Widget buttons show up correctly just not active. Other widgets open up just fine no matter who opens them. This just stumps me. Variables are set in the ThirdPersonCharacter and the component I made that it is using. When you hit the TAB key the boolean that tells me the inventory is open, tells player inventory component to make visible the inventory widget and it does. I have done other multiplayer replication before and from my experiences that when things aren’t working client side they always work on the server. I’m not a master on this so I obviously could be or am wrong on my theory. This seems so simple that it’s being a pain in the…

Thanks for trying to help me, if there is anything else you can think for me to check please let me know.

First of all you should only create the Widget if the character is locally controlled otherwise you will see the inventory for the other character as well. Many things could be wrong so it is hard to guess without seeing more of the blueprints.

Figured it out, it was an obvious mistake on my part, somehow I wasn’t making the widget visible, I was making the canvas inside that widget visible lol (I used wrong reference) I think I shouldn’t work on things when I’m tired. Thanks for your help and suggestions :slight_smile: