Widget Button Disppeares When Hovered Over.

Title says it all. The buttons I have for my main menu for some reason disappear when hovered over. I’m not entirely sure why. I do have an animation that plays when hovered over, not sure if I was missing something somewhere for that. I did put a delay just in case the time for the animation was causing the issue, but nothing worked there.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

1 Like

not enough info to answer

Not entirely sure what to tell you.

Normally, were you to hover over a button and play an animation, the button would not disappear. Please do not make us try to guess 100 things that you might have done with the anim.

• what is the animation doing
  • how is it triggered
  • how are you debugging it

So far, we’ve got 0 info and can only imagine what could be going on. You can see the script and have no clue what is not working, how can we even start…

Animation just changes the scale from 1 to 1.1 on the X axis. Trigger is On Hovered Event. I use an Animation Reference Variable - Is Animation Playing - NOT - Branch - Play Animation. With the beginning being the On hovered Event.

The button has another item behind it to give the idea of a lower shadow. I thought at first that could be the issue but I reverted back to a state before adding that and it still is doing the same thing.

I’m just undoing everything as I did them to try and figure it out, just working backwards. I just cannot figure it out. I’m new to widgets and not sure how to debug them. My skills lies elsewhere in the industry. I’m just learning widgets on my off time.

That’s everything and there is nothing else to really tell about it as far as I know.

Playing an animation that changes a scale of a button from 1 to 1.1 does not hide the button. You’re here because you agree, right?

Image from Gyazo

The question here is what else is going on behind the scenes that we do not know about. If you need help, you’ll need to explain / show what exactly is being done to the button (I am assuming it’s the button being animated - it’s not really stated above what we’re animating… )

• are we changing visibility?
  • are we changing opacity?
  • are we sure the scale X is not being set to 0?
  • are materials involved?
  • are other animations being played?
  • are widgets added / removed?
  • are animations reset?

I could write a really loooong list of those. And none of them may turn out to be helpful. Help us help you.

• show the widget hierarchy
  • show the animation timeline
  • show the script that triggers it

Anything else that you think is relevant that does not revolve around the animation being played forward?

Hey. I’m on mobile so I cannot give pictures but the answers to your questions follow and are respective to the list you gave:

1. No
  2. No
  3. Yes
  4. No
  5. No
  6. No
  7. Yes.

There is nothing else that I know of that is relevant. If I knew than I’d probably would have solved this issue and thus why I am here.

The script that triggers the animation is exactly as I said before, except you’re missing the NOT before the branch, without it the animation won’t play. The timeline is 1 and only 1 keyframe on the Transformation Scale X Axis Timeline and lasts for 0.25 seconds at a Scale of 1 to 1.1. The Widget Hierarchy is the following: Canvas Panel - Size Box - Button Base - Text.

I’m going to try out a few things and see what happens. If any of them solve the issue I’ll post about it here.

The animation cannot be putting the Scale X to 0 because the button still goes to Scale X 1.1 because the text does it. The text does not disappear. I’ll look again, but I did that yesterday and it didn’t go to Scale X 0.

Thank you for your reply.

Yes it is the button being animated. I swear I stated that it was in an earlier reply.

It is also not the animation that does this because the button still disappears even without the animation.

In case anyone ever has this issue in the future I figured I’d just post the solution for me. I had to Copy & Paste the Style of the button for the Normal Style to the Hovered & Pressed Styles. This solved the problem entirely.

In case anyone ever has this issue in the future I figured I’d just post the solution for me. I had to Copy & Paste the Style of the button for the Normal Style to the Hovered & Pressed Styles. This solved the problem entirely.