Download

Widget BP help

I am trying to see if there is a way to browse for a folder/file say music or images from within a widget or BP. I would like to make a audio folder and have the player be able to replace it with their own audio folder from within the widget.

I see this is tough to figure out. In case anyone is confused as to what I am talking about, I attached a picture that shows what I am technically looking for. I would like to achieve this in a widget.

Pretty sure that this is not possible with Blueprints. You can’t access the file system unless you write something custom with C++. Maybe I’m wrong, but I’ve never seen it done without custom code (C++). Rama has some nodes that access the file system for use in blueprint, but I don’t think they do exactly what you want.

Thank you for your response. Would you happen to know how or where I might find the C++ info for this? I barely know much about Blueprinting and have no clue about how to make custom nodes or what scripting to do for what I am asking. I know how to do it in html, wish I could apply the same technique.

There was a plugin by eXi called ‘eXi’s Sound Visualization Plugin’, it had a forum thread but has since gone (Possible due to the new forum update?).

Anyway, here’s a link to the plugin on his github instead: https://github.com/eXifreXi/eXiSoundVis

Thanks a lot for the link. I will definitely check it over and see what I can do with it. Thanks again.