Widget Blueprints - Mouse input is being blocked when there are two WBP's on screen

Widget Blueprints - Mouse input is being blocked when there are two WBP’s on screen

Hey Guys,

I am using WBP’s for each screen of my main menu, and disabiling / enabiling them when switching to diffrent screens (e.g: Main menu, settings, multiplayer… etc). This is working fine, however I have a situation where I would like to have two menus active at once. For example, I would like that when I click a button in the Multiplayer menu, a new menu is opened to the side, while leaving the original menu open and buttons still clickable.

I realise I could just use a panel on the original menu and disable / enable it when needed, but I would like to keep everything seperated in order for better modularity and re-use in other areas.

Below is a disgram of my example use case:

The Issue I am having at the momement, is that when I load the second WBP on top of the first, the first WBP can no longer recive any mouse input on its buttons. Is there a way I can allow this interactivity when two WBP’s are stacked on top of each other?

Many Thanks

I figured this out, it was my fault it was acting this way.

When I was enabiling the new WBP via blueprint I was setting it to ‘Visible’ when it should have been set as ‘Not Hit-Testable’

Solution: