Widget Blueprint: Text issue (4.7 Preview 3)

Okay, the bug I was going to report is getting even weirder right now.

I wanted to submit a bug with the Text widget inside the Widget Blueprint. When I change the Content Text in the properties, it seems to change it in the properties BUT not in the widget itself. So I made a screenshot of it, but then it just made things weirder. In the screenshot the Content Text did not change… So I made another picture with my phone to prove I did change it. So here are the 2 pictures of the screen.

Notice at the first screenshot, that the Content Text property has not changed so the editor ofcourse doesn’t get input to change anything. But the second screenshot shows I have changed the text, well at least visually for myself… Both screenshots are made within 2 minutes of each other without changing anything else in the editor.

I hope I made it clear what the bug exactly is, I know I’m not very good at it.
Just the be sure; I changed the Content Text into ‘Play’ and I do see that in the properties but not in the widget. When I make a screenshot the screenshot shows that Content Text hasn’t changed.

Specs

• Unreal Engine 4.7 Preview 3
  • Windows 7 x64
  • nVidia GTX 770
  • 8GB DDR3

Hey,

This is a known issue: UMG - Text blocks loosing text when i compile. - UI - Epic Developer Community Forums

It’s caused by every text block FText instance being given the same LOCTEXT key. You can either take the fix from that change if you’re building from source, or you can just click the drop-down next to the text property and generate a new key for each text block.

Thanks,
Jamie.

Oh, sorry for my lack of thorough searching. Thank you for the answer :slight_smile: