Widget binded text is not updating and one other issue?

I have a text widget and the text is binded to the Score variable. How is supposed to work is that this function (which is the SS) which would be called from another actor to update the Score’s value. Thats all worked. except the UI keep displaying the Score’s default value (which is 1), as if for some reason the Old Score variable isn’t modifying.

However strange that it might be, when I experimented by connecting the said function to Event Tick (however I intended the function to be only called when something happens and not every tick), then the whole things kind of work as I can see the UI text number shot straight up to some 7 digits (well not wanting to be that crazy either but the UI is updating) then goes to 0. It just that it refuses to work properly when the function is being called from another actor.

I have also experimented by making an input exc pins and have set the actor who is calling to modify the Score value to 45. The results are the UI displayed 1 the entirely, while print string on the other hand printed 45 when the function was called.

Can someone help me?

• can you show the text block that is using the int variable - the actual binding in the details panel?
  • can we see the widget hierarchy?
  • can we see how the variable is modified?
  • how many of those widgets are added to the screen?

Top left circled in orange is what being binded.

Top Right shows widget’s graph at its entirely. If I connected the bits circled in orange than I get that crazy shot up to some 7 digits than back to zero as I have described before. However, the SS of bottom half is what I intended to do. Basically, when an enemy died it shall send a command to increment the score.

As for your last question I am unsure; Still baby in Unreal and blueprint.

Sorry I must present it this way as a retarded rules forbade newbies such as myself from injecting multiple pictures in a single replies and I have no interest in replying it in thrice.

Solved. I moved the Incre Score Function from widget class to actor class whom using it. Then some rearranging nodes and all good.