Widget attached to Character shown in world space blurry?

Hey guys, I’m just messing around with widgets seeing what i can do myself as I think i’m trying to run before i can walk with most things…

So basically, Rather than having a standard UI that is clamped to the screen to display things, i figured i could make a UI that will open up when i press a key, and float next to my character in the world. Great! I’ve done that!..
Only problem is, It’s a bit blurry, especially when i move, unlike when its attached to the screen.

(See here, this is what i’m going for, but please ignore the stupid warcraft skill buttons, that again was a test seeing if i could add my own images and such :D)

I have set motion blur to 0 too btw.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated :smiley: cheers!

EDIT: It’s not attached to the character, or else it starts flipping around when i turn, so i attached it to the camera

how have you attached it to the player?

Do you mean in the viewport or in game, I’m a bit new to this myself, but in the viewport as its compressed, it will be somewhat distorted in contrast to in game.

3D UI widgets are subject to the same post-processing that everything else in the scene is, and that includes temporal AA.

Temporal AA is really good at reducing jaggies, but is kind of blurry. As such, your 3D UI will also blur with any movement. You’ll have to turn off temporal AA in project settings>rendering or add the widget to viewport (“paste on screen”). If you go the second route, you can move the widget based on your player’s location (world to screen space, set position in screen space) and skew based on camera angle, but it’s not as easy as just using a 3D widget. Of course, all the other types of AA available are painfully inferior to temporal AA.

I really hope 3D widgets are eventually given the option to be excluded from post-processing.

Hey, I’m currently at work so I cant really go through the process of how I did it just yet, but when I’m at my desktop I could either do a little guide for you or send you my files so you can have a look. It doesn’t take long at all :slight_smile:

Thanks Jared, I will look into this when I’m home! And reply a little more in depth of what’s going on, cheers!