Why won't Quixel Brige load in UE 5.3?

I’m new at UE. I have been learning it since 5, and loving all the upgrades with each new version. The Lumen lighting system looked too cool not to test, but…

My troubles started when I upgraded to UE5.3. I have been able to open Quixel Bridge in all previous versions, but all of a sudden it won’t open in 5.3. Sill works fine in previous versions, runs fine as a standalone on my machine, but when I try to open it inside the editor in 5.3 it pops up a new window, but the UI never loads.

Any idea what the problem could be? I can’t seem to find anything in google searches, so thought I’d come here to the people who probably know best.

If it matters/helps, I’m running UE5.3 on my 2019 Macbookpro, 2.4g 8 core i9, 64GB RAM, AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU.

Any help/insight appreciated!

When did you install it? It could be that it hasn’t been updated to the latest version causing issues for you.

I updated right when the new version came out, but didn’t test it on a project until a couple weeks ago.

Bridge shows it’s installed when I check in the launcher, and it shows up in the “+” drop down menu in UE5.3 when I have the editor open, it just wont bring up the UI so I can push Quixel assets into the project file whenI try to launch it from within the editor.

TBH, I THINK it did work before because I had a project I was working on in 5.1 that I brought into 5.3. The 5.3 version has all sorts of Quixel assets in it that aren’t in the version saved from 5.1 (and I know I didn’t manually import any), but I’m not 100% sure I’m remembering correctly, so not sure if something went awry, or if it never worked in 5.3.

I’ve tried full uninstall/reinstall for 5.3 and Bridge, but no luck so far any time I try to launch Bridge from within the UE5.3 editor.

Has anyone else mentioned Quixel Bridge not working from within UE5.3, or just me?

I have the same problem, it worked fine in 5.2, but its not loading in 5.3

1 Like

Bummer to hear you’re having trouble too, but I’m glad to at least know it’s not just me.

Installed the new Quixel Bridge update, still doesn’t work. :grimacing:

hey @Gamelikeapro are you using a mac, by chance? You’re the only other person Ive seen with this issue so far, trying to figure out what might be common factors.

I’m on PC, windows 10

Not working for me either, Windows 11 pro :frowning: