Why won't my character spawn on the "Player Start"?

Hello, I am relatively new to unreal and I am teaching myself online. I have a spawn and respawn system in the game that works in the editor but respawning does not work in the packaged game. On top of that, the player is not spawning on the player start anymore, he is spawning in a fixed location shown in the screenshots. This location is where I USED to have my player start, but since moving it the player still spawns and respawns here. I only have one respawn function and its in the level01 blueprint, not the game mode.

-I can spawn in and play the game fine, I’m just not spawning in the correct spot.
-The default pawn class is my player, “BP_Player02”
-I used to have multiple different respawn systems and I think this is where I messed up, watching different tutorials with different steps. Now there is only one respawner in the level blueprint.
-my character respawns in the editor (at the wrong location), but he will not respawn in the packaged game.
-I have tried a lot of steps to fix this spawning issue, and I worry I may have done something along the way that is blocking out my spawn, as of right now I have no clue why he spawns at 9100,32180 instead of wherever I put my player start.

Please help me fix my game! Thank you for taking the time to read, and let me know if I can provide anything else that will help, I’m even willing to zip the whole project and send it on Google drive if need be, it is roughly 1.3gb.

But that’s where you’re telling it to spawn

:slight_smile:

If you want to spawn at the player start, you can use ‘get actor of class( player start )’, and spawn at those coords.

Thank you for the reply. I believe I am telling it to spawn at (9100,31150) but If you notice the screenshot with the player, the location he spawns is (9100,32,000 something). The X value is right, but the Y value is off, I want him to spawn further north than where he spawns now, or to just spawn on the player start actor like he used to.

I figured it out, thanks for the help. For anyone that has a similar issue and might benefit from a possible solution, It was a problem with a “save game” setup I had where it was saving the players location and he wasn’t spawning on the player start or where my respawn would send him. I deleted the save game system and the spawning works fine now.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.